Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Goals for Senior year!

This blog is mainly so that I can get my ideas and goals for my last year of my undergrad at NGU out there to hold me accountable.
I'm stoked to be going into my senior year for many, many reasons, so here goes a few!
1) I'M ALMOST DONE WITH COLLEGE!!!!
2) I get to be the President of the Biology club!
3) New classes, new professors!
4) I get to be back with all my friends!

So here come the goals. Most of them have to do with numbers 2, 3, and 4. :)

I have a lot of plans for the Biology club. I have been an involved member for the last two years (although I did buy a t-shirt the first year), and I am so excited about being the president. I appreciate being a leader, and I really relish the chance to get to bring some new ideas and stuff to the floor.
The first thing I'd really like to do is to start out the meetings with a "devotion" and prayer. It always has been opened with prayer, but not always with a devotion. I don't really like the word "devotion" because everyone thinks some little dinky cliche "do your best for Jesus" speech, but I really want to bring something deeper to the group. That is the biggest goal I have. I have been praying about what to bring for the first meeting especially because I don't want it to be cliche.

New classes; I have always had goals for every new semester, mostly because of my grades. I tend to be scraping the 3.0 line and I'm a pretty solid B student, and this year (being my last), I want to be an A student. I want to prove to myself that I can do this and I want to know more, and be a more knowledgeable person and to well-prepared for the next step in my life aka grad school!!!

And the last goal has a little bit to do with number 2 and 4.
I want to meet new people, but most of all, I want to cultivate my friendships.
I have missed my friends this summer, for many reasons (which are going to be described in a new blog), and I don't want to be a simple blip in someone's life. I have many friends, but mostly I want to get to know the people I do know, a lot better. I want to be closer, and to stay connected with people after we graduate. I don't want to forget, and I want to be a better friend.

But the most important goal of all, is that I want to get closer to God. I feel a little like Paul in that I know the things I should do, and I don't do them. I can't say for sure, but I'm pretty sure Paul felt like dirt when he didn't obey God just like I do.
I want to be remembered for something. And if I can pick why, I don't want to be remembered for being a B student, or for being the bio club president. I don't want to be the girl who was married her senior year, or anything else.
I want to be remembered for being a Christian. For loving God and showing it by how much I loved people.

So those are my main goals.
Out there for the world to see, and for me to live up to. Be praying for me if you get the chance, I'm definitely not sure how this year is going to turn out... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment