Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Reflections on my Summer

As the title suggests, I have some things to say.

Reflect back to the confessions blog.
I told Whitfield about how I was feeling, because I want our marriage to be an awesome and honest relationship, and talking is a big part of that.

My husband is a very smart, and wise man. He pointed out that being from a large family (six kids, although the youngest two weren't born when I was growing up), I am used to being around people and after growing up with so much going on, I've become a very social person. I knew I was a social butterfly, but I never thought of it like that.

This being the first summer that I haven't taken summer school, and my best friend being away in Montana all summer, I've missed the people I've gotten so close to, and being around people in general. Don't get me wrong, this summer being just me and Whitfield has been amazing! Just the two of us learning how to be married and together is really a great experience!
But I miss everyone else. It kinda sounds bad to me, and I know that after college is over, I'll have to deal with all these feelings again, but I am kind of thankful that I have this last school year to put it off.

So the summer being married. Wow. There has been so much that I have vastly enjoyed, besides the obvious ;) I love getting to fall asleep next to the man I love. Sometimes I don't really like to, but in the end, I like to cook dinner for him, and even clean or wash dishes. He is a great husband, complimenting my cooking, and thanking me for cleaning.
Basically, I'm a spoiled rotten wife! He's absolutely amazing. When I wake up in my sweatpants and his undershirt, he welcomes me to the day by kissing me on the lips or cheek and saying "good morning, beautiful!"
There is nothing that I care about more than that wonderful, handsome, kindhearted, adorable man. I can't believe I've been blessed so immensely to have him in my life. I'm more thankful for him every single day that I get to spend with him. I honestly can't rave about him enough!

I am glad that I spent the summer alone with Whitfield. It helped us learn a lot about our new life together.
It also has taught me a lot about things I need to work out in myself.
All in all, it has been a very enlightening summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment