Saturday, August 21, 2010

Hey There Married lady!

Well here it is, my senior year at school! May I just take a moment to say,

WHOOOOO - HOOOO!!!!!

I'm so glad that this phase of my life is almost over!!! But on the other hand, I will miss this time. I seriously cannot believe it is so close to the end.

I will say though I have heard a few things over and over that I am not sure I will ever get tired of...
The first is "Hey married lady!" or some variation of this phrase, and I love answering to this. I never get tired of people congratulating me, or asking to see my RINGS, and I'm so glad that I am married and can show people how blessed me and my wonderful husband are!

And most of the time, after I hear "hey married lady!" It is followed by "How's married life?"
Whitfield typically gives the answer of "Way better than the single life!" Which is absolutely true, I typically give a little bit more detailed answer, but here's the whole story....

Married life is AMAZING. It's not always fun and games, but the honest truth is that I love it completely and wholeheartedly. I like coming home and putting groceries away, and figuring out the best way to organize our little apartment. I enjoy having someone talk to me while I'm taking a shower, or watching Whitfield gargle mouthwash and try not to laugh at the dog so he doesn't spit everywhere. I can't wait for Whitfield to come home so I can tackle him with kisses, and tell him all about my day, and show him what I've cooked for him.
I will say, Whitfield is my best friend in the whole world. He and I joke around and laugh together and pick on each other. Just today he was taking a shower and I leaned in for a kiss, and he grabbed me around the waist (soaking wet) and kissed me, getting my whole face and shirt wet in the process. And I laughed after pestering him back!
I seriously can't believe that I have found him. My husband. The man whose rib God placed in me. Just the way our humor matches, and how he makes me smile in a way no one else does. The special smile he only smiles for me, the way he will leave his hair product-free because I like it better that way. I just love all of it.

Although with every good thing there are bad things too, and there are parts of married life I don't like. Dealing with bills, washing dishes, cleaning the apartment, all things I don't always enjoy. But compared to the joy of being one flesh with the man I was made for, they are minuscule sad points.

So for anyone who asks me "how's married life?" There's your answer!

No comments:

Post a Comment