Friday, October 15, 2010

Second half of the Semester

I have a year and a half until I graduate from North Greenville and step out into the "real world."

I'm sitting here in my little apartment, listening to the wind blow the acorns and branches off the trees so that they hit my roof or the ground. It's an odd sound, that I still haven't grown accustomed to, but it is also a reminder that Fall is here.

I like fall!

Anyways, we have just come back from our Fall Break from school and finished a shortened week, and yesterday was a little rough. The question of "where have you applied?" "How'd you do on your (insert major test to get into post-undergrad program)?" "Have you heard back from (insert school you told someone you applied to)?"
My husband is planning to apply to Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, in Kentucky, and because I won't be able to finish all the pre-requisites to apply to a PA program, I will be taking a year off and taking classes, and the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) to get into the PA program at University of Kentucky.

I hope this all works out, and honestly, even though at first I wasn't so sure I would want to move to Kentucky, at this point, I've more than just wrapped my head around it, I've started to get excited about it! Although I'm sure when next summer comes around and we are planning to move and all, it will seem a lot scarier, but I'm still really excited about what God has in store for us!!!

So this week coming up is homecoming. And although there will be something to do EVERY single night of the week, and I have a huge Senior Seminar paper to write, I'm getting really excited! Being Biology Club President, I have a responsibility to get the club excited and motivated and to try our best.
I'm really glad that Biology Club isn't doing this by ourselves. We've combined with both the Psychology Club, and the Health and Wellness Club as well as anyone in the science dept. who wants to participate.

I'm also the most excited that I was voted to be the Science Club Representative for Homecoming. I get to be on the Homecoming Court, and even potentially Homecoming Queen. :) Eeep! Although I REALLY want to win, I am also excited to get ot know the girls who are running with me, it's an odd feeling, to be competitive with people I know and love, and girls who are really sweet that I hope to know, except for the one or two who are not so sweet, those girls I just really want to beat! :P

So that's my speel for today. It's going to be a tough week. Pray for me and Whitfield, he's got about 17 major assignments due this coming week, and I've got homecoming stuff to do, but somehow dinner will be made and the apartment will be clean. Well, clean ISH.

No comments:

Post a Comment